from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- suffix Act; process; condition: erasure.
- suffix Function; office: judicature.
- suffix Body performing a function: legislature.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- suffix A process; a condition; a result of an action
- suffix An official entity or function.
Middle English, from Old French, from Latin -ūra.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Old French, from Latin -tūra. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.