from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- MountArarat A massif of extreme eastern Turkey near the Iranian border rising to about 5,168 m (16,945 ft). It is the traditional resting place of Noah's ark.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Mount Ararat, the tallest peak of Turkey, and of the entire Armenian Highland. In Armenian antiquity known as Masis, it became associated with the Biblical "Mountains of Ararat" (Genesis 8:4) at some point during the Middle Ages.
- proper n. One of the ten provinces of the Republic of Armenia.
- proper n. A town in the said province.
- proper n. A male given name.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the mountain peak that Noah's ark landed on as the waters of the great flood receded
Sorry, no etymologies found.