American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Armstrong, Edwin Howard 1890-1954. American engineer and inventor whose improvements to radio communication included the development of frequency modulation (1933).
- Armstrong, Lance Born 1971. American cyclist who won the Tour de France seven consecutive times between 1999-2005.
- Armstrong, Louis Known as "Satchmo.” 1900-1971. American jazz trumpeter. A virtuoso musician and popular, gravelly voiced singer, he greatly influenced the development of jazz.
- Armstrong, Neil Alden Born 1930. American astronaut who as commander of Apollo 11 became the first person to walk on the moon (July 20, 1969).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A local English name of the common knotgrass, Polygonum aviculare.
- n. United States pioneering jazz trumpeter and bandleader (1900-1971)
- n. United States astronaut; the first man to set foot on the Moon (July 20, 1969) (1930-)
“The Assistant ANN ARMSTRONG Jurors say Armstrong was the most damaging witness because she was real.”
“• ARMSTRONG 5, COON RAPIDS 3: It was a roller coaster victory for Armstrong.”
“• ARMSTRONG 5, COON RAPIDS 3: It was a rollercoaster victory for Armstrong.”
“ARMSTRONG - The fire and rescue departments for Alden, Conger and Freeborn worked together Saturday on extinguishing fires at two homes two miles west of Armstrong.”
“Kristin Armstrong is often asked about her relationship with Lance Armstrong, and sometimes is even presumed to be his ex-wife, who has the same name.”
“The phrase Armstrong remembers is that “LOR saves two years and two billion dollars.””
“And what may be the most accurate description by Armstrong is when she told the Chronicle that Whitman viewed domestic help as "disposable.”
“Meanwhile, much of the media has already concluded that Armstrong is guilty of some unspecified crime and most likely will be indicted by January.”
“But the trial of Lance Armstrong is filled with the same mystery and innuendo that swirled around Kafka's The Trial.”
“This time, Lance Armstrong is playing that part and Leipheimer is the star.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Armstrong’.
Key terms from Mitt Romney's election campaign
good and generous..., hard fought election, go back to work, optimistic and po..., confident in the ..., optimism, uniquely American, nation of immigrants, want a better life, life in that plac..., pursuit of the ri..., richness of this ... and 369 more...
A list of words containing five consecutive consonants
I do not include words containing "y" as part of the 5-letter string, since that letter invariably functions as a vowel, as in rhythm. <...
Looking for tweets for Armstrong.