from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Bab, the Title of Ali Mohammad of Shiraz. 1819-1850. Persian founder of Babism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Lit., gate; -- a title given to the founder of Babism, and taken from that of Bab-ud-Din, assumed by him.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bunch; tassel; cockade.
- n. A bob, as used in fishing.
- To fish with a bob. See bob.
- n. A babe.
- n. The title assumed by the founder of Babism.
- n. A Babist; an adherent of or a believer in Babism.
Sorry, no etymologies found.