from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A guidebook to countries or a country.
- Baedeker, Karl 1801-1859. German publisher who established a series of guidebooks in 1829.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Proprietary name of a longtime series of travel guidebooks.
- proper n. Any travel guide, advice for travelers, or guide pertaining to other subjects.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. German publisher of a series of travel guidebooks (1801-1859)
- n. any of a series of travel guidebooks published by the German firm founded by Karl Baedeker
After the guidebooks published by Karl Baedeker.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)