from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Baker, George Known as "Father Divine.” 1877-1965. American religious leader who founded (1919) a communal religious sect called the Peace Mission.
- Baker, Josephine 1906-1975. American-born French entertainer who became a popular jazz dancer and singer in Paris during the 1920s and 1930s. During World War II she worked for the French Resistance.
- MountBaker A peak, 3,287.3 m (10,778 ft) high, of northwest Washington in the Cascade Range east of Bellingham. It is in a popular resort area.
- Baker, Sir Samuel White 1821-1893. British explorer who founded a settlement at Ceylon (1848), explored the Blue Nile region (1861-1862), and discovered Lake Albert (1864).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A botanical plant name author abbreviation for botanist John Gilbert Baker (1834-1920).
- proper n. An occupational surname for a baker, or owner of a communal oven
Sorry, no etymologies found.
N. BAKER: N.. KIN.: But you're very close to Secretary Baker?
Instead of baker. run (), you can use baker. test () to print out how Baker will call your function based on the given command line.
JOSEPHINE BAKER AWARD: The daughter of a laundress and a musician, Baker overcame being born black, female and poor, and marriage at age fifteen, to become an internationally acclaimed legendary performer, starring in the films Princess Tam Tam, Moulin Rouge and Zou Zou.
DOCTOR Who star and Bucks Free Press columnist Colin Baker is to chair our election candidate Q&A – and we are still after your questions.
Kristin Baker is a hypertalented New York City-based artist who paints incredibly dynamic, energized abstractions influenced by her passion for Grand Prix auto racing.
Captain Baker is going to speak to you today on "Canada's Place in Work For The Blind."
Zahra Baker is a little girl who lived with her father and step-mother in Hickory, North Carolina.
In her summation, prosecutor Susan Shafer recounted what she dubbed Baker's "web of lies."
Whether Zahra Baker is ever found and her abductor or killer brought to justice, her treatment -- before her disappearance -- is an indictment of us all.
It would appear Sean Baker is equally comfortable with the real and the surreal.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.