from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Barry, Sir Charles 1795-1860. British architect who designed the Houses of Parliament in London (1839).
- Barry, Philip 1896-1949. American playwright whose works, mostly comedies about the wealthy, include The Philadelphia Story (1939).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name, sometimes also used as a diminutive of Bartholomew.
- proper n. A surname derived from the given name, or from place names in Scotland and Wales.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Divided into bars; -- said of the field.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In heraldry, divided into bars: said of the heraldic field.
- n. Same as barrow-coat.
BOB COWSILL, BROTHER OF BARRY COWSILL: We have a large fan base still after all these years, and we had heard through our Web site that someone had posted that they thought they saw Barry in a CNN video.
Closing this window without pressing "Report" will result in your words being lost. listened to the first two of these beauties today ... marcotti on the guardian .. barry much more cheerful, way worse sound quality, good jokes still all the same there, and a more varied format, methinks good call by Barry on the Adebayor machine Gun sounds and gestures by the Man Utd fans.
MICHAEL RAINS, DEFENSE ATTORNEY FOR BARRY BONDS: Barry testified truthfully to the grand jury.
Promoted to Headline (H3) on 9/6/09: It's time to say ‘bye-bye, Barry 'and ‘hello, Hussein'! yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'It\'s time to say ‘bye-bye, Barry\' and ‘hello, Hussein\ '!'
Gibb posted a picture of him and his brother on his website on Nov. 15 under the title "Barry good times," in which he looks frail and gaunt.
"We never heard the name Barry Bonds on the recording," said Jessica, a juror who said Anderson would have "shed a lot of light" on the case if he testified.
Brunonia Barry is the author of The Lace Reader, a book that several friends recommended to me.
In Dreams, it is Regina who convinces Obama to abandon the name Barry.
The best way to pitch to Barry is to hope he comes up in the right scenario two out and no one on base.
The 28-year-old actress also has a bluebird on her wrist which she calls Barry and says was inspired by one drawn by actress Edie Sedgewick, who she portrayed in the movie Factory Girl.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.