from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Barth, John Simmons Born 1930. American writer whose novels, including The Sot-Weed Factor (1960, revised 1967), often examine the relationship between language and reality.
- Barth, Karl 1886-1968. Swiss Protestant theologian who advocated a return to the principles of the Reformation and the teachings of the Bible. His published works include Church Dogmatics (1932).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A place of shelter for cattle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A warm inclosed place of shelter for young cattle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States novelist (born in 1930)
- n. Swiss Protestant theologian (1886-1968)
Sorry, no etymologies found.