from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southeast Texas north-northeast of Houston. A ship canal links the city with the Gulf of Mexico. Population: 110,000.
- Beaumont, Francis 1584-1616. English poet and playwright. He wrote his major works, including The Maid's Tragedy (1611), The Coxcomb (1612), and The Knight of Malta (1619), with John Fletcher.
- Beaumont, William 1785-1853. American surgeon whose Physiology of Digestion (1833) revolutionized the study of gastric digestion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An English habitational surname from any of several places in France.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city of southeastern Texas near Houston
- n. English dramatist who collaborated with John Fletcher (1584-1616)
- n. United States surgeon remembered for his studies of digestion (1785-1853)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Scott's notes on Beaumont and Fletcher, which he had wished in 1804 to offer to Gifford, were actually used by Weber in his _Beaumont and
BEAUMONT - Tracey Usey Trumble, 90, of Beaumont passed away peacefully Friday, March 26,
BEAUMONT - It was 11 years ago Friday that a Beaumont woman disappeared.
BEAUMONT - Beaumont police have released the name of a grocery store clerk who was shot and killed, while police are searching for the gunman and another person they believe were involved in the city's fourth homicide of the weekend.
BEAUMONT - A family in west Beaumont has a new found understanding of the dangers of lightning.
BEAUMONT - Lydia Renee Fontenot, age 52, of Beaumont, TX, went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at Memorial Hermann Baptist Hospital.
BEAUMONT (August 17, 2010) -- Beaumont police have arrested an 18-year-old man and a juvenile in connection with the Aug. 1 shooting death of a grocery store clerk during a robbery.
BEAUMONT - A motel owner has made it easier for the City of Beaumont to demolish his building.
BEAUMONT - Police in Beaumont are asking the public's help in locating a possible suspect vehicle in the shooting of a 12-year-old boy.
BEAUMONT - Beaumont police are searching for a gunman who shot a store clerk in the head
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.