from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Berg, Alban 1885-1935. Austrian composer. A pupil of Arnold Schönberg, he applied an atonal manner to classical forms in works such as the opera Wozzeck (1925) and Violin Concerto (1935).
- Berg, Patricia Jane Known as "Patty.” 1918-2006. American golfer who won 57 professional tournament titles, including 15 major championship titles, during her career.
- Berg, Paul Born 1926. American chemist. He shared a 1980 Nobel Prize for developing methods for mapping the structure and function of DNA.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A place name, notably of
- proper n. A surname common in the U.S.A., associated with German or Scandinavian ancestry.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Two guys standing on a pretty sharp downslope (the "Berg" is not really a mountain, but is a considerable hill, which means not level).
It's odd that 'Berg' is German for mount (ain), though the mountain is apparently not called the Albanberg in German.
Deliver Us From Evil director Amy Berg is a guest on the Leonard Lopate Show.
Karin Berg permalink my son is toilet traning now too.
"There is a crystalline humanity, a logical vulnerability in Berg's imaginative interpretation of these religious figures, which brings novel resplendence to a familiar story."
We've known for awhile now that Peter Berg is going to be too busy with other commitments -- like "Battleship" -- to direct the long-awaited adaptation of Frank Herbert's classic sci-fi novel "Dune."
Eric Berg is a Portlander who I have known since my high school days (he might have already been in college).
Stefan Berg is a Online Entrepreneur from Sweden, now living in Borneo, Malaysia.
We are very fortunate that the editor of Bowhunter magazine, Christian Berg, is a friend of ours and hunts on our land.
Peter Berg is an interesting director, having realized several interesting movies on the Big Screen that include FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS and THE KINGDOM, as well as more fun and disposable fair like VERY BAD THINGS and THE RUNDOWN.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.