from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of west-central Maryland northeast of Washington, D.C. It is primarily residential. Population: 53,300.
- Bowie, James 1796-1836. American-born Mexican colonist who joined the Texan forces during the struggle for independence from Mexico. He died during the defense of the Alamo.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A botanical plant name author abbreviation for botanist James Bowie (1789-1869).
- proper n. A surname.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large wooden milk-bowl.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States pioneer and hero of the Texas revolt against Mexico; he shared command of the garrison that resisted the Mexican attack on the Alamo where he died (1796-1836)
Sorry, no etymologies found.