from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Boyle, Kay 1902?-1992. American writer whose works examine the relationships between Europeans and Americans.
- Boyle, Robert 1627-1691. Irish-born British physicist and chemist whose precise definitions of chemical elements and reactions began the separation of chemistry from alchemy. In 1662 he formulated Boyle's law.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname of Irish origin.
- proper n. Robert Boyle, Irish natural philosopher.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Irish chemist who established that air has weight and whose definitions of chemical elements and chemical reactions helped to dissociate chemistry from alchemy (1627-1691)
- n. United States writer (1902-1992)
Anglicised from Irish Ó Baoithghill. (Wiktionary)