American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Boyle, Kay 1902?-1992. American writer whose works examine the relationships between Europeans and Americans.
- Boyle, Robert 1627-1691. Irish-born British physicist and chemist whose precise definitions of chemical elements and reactions began the separation of chemistry from alchemy. In 1662 he formulated Boyle's law.
- n. Irish chemist who established that air has weight and whose definitions of chemical elements and chemical reactions helped to dissociate chemistry from alchemy (1627-1691)
- n. United States writer (1902-1992)
- Anglicised from Irish Ó Baoithghill. (Wiktionary)
“SUSAN BOYLE BECOMES OVERNIGHT SENSATION: Two 21st-century powers - reality TV and the Web - combined to turn the humble, unknown Boyle into an international star.”
“But Boyle is too inquisitive and imaginative a director to make that claustrophobic a film.”
“Danny Boyle is a talented, energetic director, fond of fast, sometimes overly flashy editing and a willingness to put the camera anywhere, including extreme close-ups within the straw of Ralston's Camelback as he drinks his own urine.”
“The two people fled on foot from the busy intersection in Boyle Heights, east of downtown Los Angeles, and were caught by a construction worker, who held them until police arrived and detained them, Police Chief Charlie Beck said at a news conference.”
“Prosecutors say he was driving a BMW that ran a red light and hit Eduardo Gaytan on Monday in Boyle Heights, east of downtown.”
“Boyle is a partner in the D.C. office of O'Melveny & Myers.”
“So Susan Boyle is the opposite of the Perfect Crime …”
“With filming set to start very soon on his next flick, 127 Hours, Danny Boyle is faced with a unique challenge: How do you bring energy to the obviously static image of James Franco clinging to life all alone as trapped mountain climber Aron Ralston for much of the movie?”
“YouTube's video makers keep rolling in dough; Susan Boyle is top YouTube video of the year.”
“Susan Boyle is spectacularly successful not merely because of her talent, but because anyone that has been judged on his or her appearance can relate to her story on an extremely personal level.”
‘Boyle’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Boyle.