American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Brady, James Buchanan Known as "Diamond Jim.” 1856-1917. American financier and philanthropist who gained his nickname because of his attraction to diamonds and his extravagant lifestyle.
- Brady, Mathew B. 1823-1896. American pioneer photographer who was famous for his portraits and was appointed official Union photographer of the Civil War in 1861.
- n. United States pioneer photographer famous for his portraits; was the official Union photographer for the American Civil War (1823-1896)
- n. United States financier noted for his love of diamonds and his extravagant lifestyle (1856-1917)
- Old English brād ("broad") + eage ("eye") and brād ("broad") + ēg ("island"). (Wiktionary)
“Mr. Lefkofsky grew up in what he calls a "Brady Bunch" world, in a harmonious, middle-class family in Southfield, Mich.”
“And both Houses have passed a version of what we call the Brady bill, which would make people wait five days before they get a handgun so we can check their criminal background, their age, their mental health history.”
“My Diamond Jim Brady is actually not the largest cut, there is a Beef Bowl Cut ($49), but only football players seem to order that.”
“In Illinois, Bill Brady is promising to shut a $13 billion budget deficit, in part by a 10% across-the-board cut in spending.”
“Devon Brady is a devoted veterinarian working in a makeshift hospital on a remote search and rescue mission.”
“Brady is already past his prime and no longer has an offensive line that can stop everything that comes at him like he did in his first few years.”
“Latinos for Brady is not a group recognized or working directly for the Brady campaign," campaign spokeswoman Patty Schuh told ABC-7.”
“Since Representative Brady is the Chairman of the Democrat City Party, he has enormous leverage in the outcomes of all elections -- local judges, Senate, Congress, State Reps, PA Supreme Court, and the Governorship.”
“And Bill Brady is the one who can get the job done.”
“People reports that both Tom and Benjamin Brady were in tow for baby Ben's first trip to South America, where the little guy met Gisele's grandparents for the first time.”
‘Brady’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Brady.