from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Brooke, Rupert Chawner 1887-1915. British poet known for his war poetry suffused with a romantic patriotic quality.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname.
- proper n. A female given name transferred from the surname, fairly popular since the 1970s.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English lyric poet (1887-1915)
BROOKE ANDERSON, CNN ENTERTAINMENT CORRESPONDEN: Brooke, I've got Dave Matthews behind me cracking jokes left and right, trying to make me laugh as we begin this.
BROOKE SHIELDS, ACTRESS: Hi, I ` m Brooke shields.
CAMI WILBERGER, BROOKE ` S MOTHER: We ` d like to thank all of you who have joined with us over this past year in searching and trying to find Brooke.
YALE GALANTER, ATTORNEY FOR BROOKE MUELLER: It ` s a private matter between Brooke and Charlie.
* touches his cheek* Bella - Its just for a little bit, Im still new at this, being around Brooke isnt easy, but its going to be excruitiating for everyone else. * looks at Brooke* Ill only be gone a week maybe, the longest 2.
* touches his cheek* Bella - Its just for a little bit, Im still new at this, being around Brooke isnt easy, but its going to be excruitiating for everyone else. * looks at Brooke* Ill only be gone a week maybe, the longest
A proper novel set in Cambridge that intertwines two time periods, the era of Isaac Newton and the present day in which Lydia Brooke is researching him.
By now, the "flames" we see on the blue screen behind Tom and Brooke is looking less rock 'n' roll and more Christmas special.
I just thank Brooke is embracing her inner Sheldon because he would have corrected Carol without question. ash
Brooke is found dead and the messages she left for Michael are erased.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.