from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of east-central Texas northwest of Houston. It is an industrial community and a research center. Population: 67,300.
- Bryan, William Jennings Called "the Great Commoner” or "the Boy Orator of the Platte.” 1860-1925. American lawyer and politician who campaigned unsuccessfully for the presidency in 1896, 1900, and 1908. He is famous for his impassioned "Cross of Gold” speech advocating free silver (1896) and for his defense of fundamentalism in the Scopes trial (1925).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name, a less common spelling of Brian.
- proper n. A patronymic surname derived from Brian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a town of east central Texas
- n. United States lawyer and politician who advocated free silver and prosecuted John Scopes (1925) for teaching evolution in a Tennessee high school (1860-1925)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
BRYAN, Texas - Former Houston Oilers quarterback Dan Pastorini has been charged with driving while intoxicated following a traffic accident in Bryan, Texas.
Released last year, Mr. Murray's "Pretend It's the End of the World" under the name Bryan and the Haggards is an album of Merle Haggard songs played by two saxophones, guitar, bass and drums.
If the name Bryan Stow doesn't register, you might remember him as the San Francisco Giants fan who made the fateful mistake of attending opening day at Dodger Stadium while wearing the jersey of the team he has loved all his life.
Anyway, her name is Isabel (because, of course, it contains two conspicuous letters in 'Bryan' as normally spelled).
Wizard World Philadelphia isn't until June 19-21, but Josh Bryan is already preparing for the show -- the last show, he believes, Wizard will hold in Philadelphia.
Bryan is quite correct that the writings of the great dead philosophers contain plenty of bad arguments.
In either case, Bryan is still out of luck as I believe he is still nursing that VHS machine. via Wikipedia and ICv2
Update: My cousin Bryan asked a good question: who are these conservative evangelicals who object to the Newsweek story?
Used this information to receive help from the local VA organization in Bryan, Ohio, to obtain help with paying bills.
Bryan is the smaller blonde haired indavidual from team 7. two of the indaviduals (Tom, and Rob) were Marine Corps Delta.,
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.