from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Bunyan, John 1628-1688. English preacher and writer celebrated for his Pilgrim's Progress (two parts, 1678 and 1684), the allegorical tale of Christian's journey from the City of Destruction to the Celestial City.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An English surname; a nickname for someone with a hump or lump.
- proper n. John Bunyan, English preacher and writer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a legendary giant lumberjack of the north woods of the United States and Canada
- n. English preacher and author of an allegorical novel, Pilgrim's Progress (1628-1688)
Sorry, no etymologies found.