from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Initialism of Control Data Corporation.
- n. Initialism of Connected Device Configuration.
- n. Initialism of change data capture.
- n. Initialism of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a federal agency in the Department of Health and Human Services; located in Atlanta; investigates and diagnoses and tries to control or prevent diseases (especially new and unusual diseases)
Sorry, no etymologies found.