from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of west-central California southwest of San Jose. It has an electronics industry. Population: 37,500.
- Campbell, Avril Phaedra Known as "Kim.” Born 1947. Canadian lawyer and politician who was the first woman prime minister of Canada (1993).
- Campbell, Joseph 1904-1987. American mythologist who wrote numerous influential works, including The Hero with a Thousand Faces (1949) and the four-volume Masks of God (1959-1967).
- Campbell, Mrs. Patrick Originally Beatrice Stella Tanner. 1865-1940. British actress who was the first to portray Eliza in Pygmalion (1913), a part written for her by George Bernard Shaw.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Scottish surname from the Scottish Gaelic Caimbeul, cam beul, crooked mouth.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
- proper n. A female given name used since the 2000s.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States mythologist (1904-1987)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
You could play any players in mid and attack but with a defence of silvestre, campbell, traore n fabianski your always in danger of conceeding. well now we know Campbell will be just as liable as he was prior to him fukin off down south.
CAMPBELL 71, KENNESAW STATE 64: Jonathan Rodriguez scored 21 as Campbell (16-9, 11-5
Ray Winstone turns up as the CIA user as well as the strange TV shows director, Martin Campbell, is behind in the large chair.
Obviously, the name Campbell is significant to Sam and Dean.
I just want to add that Martin Campbell is doing everything in his power to have an amazing cast and it's built so much confidence in me that I'm a lot more excited about this GL movie than I thought I would ever be. starscream9289
The Green Lantern, as directed by Martin Campbell, is targeting a June 17, 2011 release.
Center-left wing Greg Campbell, son of NHL director of hockey operations Colin Campbell, is projected to be drafted in the second round. ...
Anna Campbell is an international woman of mystery who breakfasts with presidents, lunches with lords and dines with kings.
One scout, however, labeled that as "inconsequential" when compared to what he described as Campbell's "awful" play on tape and the 15-minute interviews he did with team after team in Indianapolis.
I’ve got some qualms about Mel’s Boston accent, but otherwise it looks like Darkness could be a taut, Taken-style thriller — especially since Casino Royale director Martin Campbell is at the helm.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.