from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of west-central California southwest of San Jose. It has an electronics industry. Population: 37,500.
- Campbell, Avril Phaedra Known as "Kim.” Born 1947. Canadian lawyer and politician who was the first woman prime minister of Canada (1993).
- Campbell, Joseph 1904-1987. American mythologist who wrote numerous influential works, including The Hero with a Thousand Faces (1949) and the four-volume Masks of God (1959-1967).
- Campbell, Mrs. Patrick Originally Beatrice Stella Tanner. 1865-1940. British actress who was the first to portray Eliza in Pygmalion (1913), a part written for her by George Bernard Shaw.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Scottish surname from the Scottish Gaelic Caimbeul, cam beul, crooked mouth.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
- proper n. A female given name used since the 2000s.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States mythologist (1904-1987)
Sorry, no etymologies found.