from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Capra, Frank 1897-1991. American filmmaker who won an Academy Award for his direction of It Happened One Night (1934), Mr. Deeds Goes to Town (1936), and You Can't Take It with You (1938).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the subfamily Caprinae — the goats.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of ruminants, including the common goat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of hollow-horned ruminants, of the family Bovidæ, typical of the subfamily Caprinæ, and typified by the common goat, Capra hircus. There are several other species, among them the ibexes, Capra ibex, C. pyrænica, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States film maker (1897-1991)
- n. goats
From Latin capra ("female goat") (Wiktionary)