from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A supporter of Don Carlos, the pretender to the Spanish throne, or his heirs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A partisan of Carlos Hugo, Duke of Parma; one who supports Carlism.
- n. A partisan of Charles X of France.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A partisan of Charles X. of France, or of Don Carlos of Spain.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Formerly, one of the partizans of Charles X. of France, and of the elder line of the French Bourbons, afterward called Legitimists.
- n. A follower of the fortunes of Don Carlos de Borbon, second son of Charles IV. of Spain; a supporter of the claims of Don Carlos, and of his successors of the same name, to the Spanish throne, based upon his asserted right of succession in 1833, in place of his niece Isabella II., which has caused several outbreaks of civil war.
- Pertaining to Carlism, or to the Carlists.
Sorry, no etymologies found.