from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to the life and times of Charles I or Charles II of England.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the time of Kings Charles I and II.
- proper n. A female given name. Borrowed in the 17th century from the French form of Carolina, feminine derivative of Carolus, the Latin equivalent of Charles, which came from Middle High German Karl.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A coin. See carline.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or relating to a person named Carolus or Charles.
- Same as Carolingian.
- n. A small éclair with coffee filling and fondant icing.
- n. A Swedish silver coin of the value of about 38 United States cents.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the life and times of kings Charles I or Charles II of England
Medieval Latin Carolīnus, from Carolus, Charles.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)