from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to the life and times of Charles I or Charles II of England.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the time of Kings Charles I and II.
- proper n. A female given name. Borrowed in the 17th century from the French form of Carolina, feminine derivative of Carolus, the Latin equivalent of Charles, which came from Middle High German Karl.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A coin. See carline.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or relating to a person named Carolus or Charles.
- Same as Carolingian.
- n. A small éclair with coffee filling and fondant icing.
- n. A Swedish silver coin of the value of about 38 United States cents.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the life and times of kings Charles I or Charles II of England
KERRY KENNEDY, COUSIN OF CAROLINE KENNEDY: You know, I think that Caroline, this is an incredibly important moment in our history.
Caroline, do not sacrifice me to idle niceties -- I know I have the misfortune not to please your brother Alfred: to do him justice, he has fairly told me that he does not think me worthy of _his sister Caroline_.
John Gilroy, a Rotarian, had ample-size servings of what he called Caroline's Chocolate Cake.
Secondly, Caroline is a total villain in them and has no likable qualities.
I read that Caroline is a composite of Meredith and Caroline.
As often as not, the definitive judgment turns out to be of the sort exemplified in Caroline Leavitt's review -- larely because "judgment" is understood in simplistic like it/don't like it terms.
Caroline is dedicated to creating educational programs in the fields of human consciousness, spirituality and mysticism, health, energy medicine, and the science of medical intuition.
Caroline is outside of the school trying to get Bonnie on her cell.
Stefan returns to the school and tells Elena that Caroline is OK.
Caroline is sleeping while her mom watches over her.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.