from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Carroll, Charles Known as "Carroll of Carrollton.” 1737-1832. American Revolutionary leader and legislator who was a member of the Continental Congress (1776-1778), signed the Declaration of Independence (1776), and served as a U.S. senator (1789-1792).
- Carroll, Lewis See Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An Irish surname derived from the Irish Ó Cearbhaill.
- proper n. Lewis Carroll - pseudonym of British author Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
- proper n. A female given name, a less common spelling of Carol.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English author; Charles Dodgson was an Oxford don of mathematics who is remembered for the children's stories he wrote under the pen name Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
CARROLL: Hello, I ` m J.son Carroll, in for A.J. Hammer.
CARROLL: And I ` m J.son Carroll, in for A.J. Hammer.
CARROLL: And I ` m J.son Carroll filling in for A.J. Hammer.
CARROLL: And I ` m J.son Carroll, filling in for A.J. Hammer.
CARROLL: Hello, I ` m J.son Carroll live in New York, filling in for A.J. Hammer.
ROY CARROLL - HE 'SAVED' THE SHOT He kept a clean sheet: Carroll
Laura Carroll is an accomplished communicator and popular public speaker, author, and consultant on human behavior.
Lewis Carroll is before the 85 years of weird butJabberwocky would be on that list.
Like this one from CBS 'Seth Davis, on coach Pete Carroll's Southern California team throwing a 48-yard touchdown pass in the final minute of a 28-7 win vs. UCLA that preceded much on-field woofing from both teams: It's official: Pete Carroll is a no-class lowlife.
Doug Crowell, the owner of Buttermilk Channel in Carroll Gardens, said he ordered lamps but after speaking to city officials learned that they had to be attached to a gas line.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.