from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Cartwright, Edmund 1743-1823. British cleric and inventor of the power loom (1785-1790).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An English occupational surname for someone who made carts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An artificer who makes carts; a cart maker.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An artificer who makes carts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a workman who makes and repairs carts and wagons
- n. English clergyman who invented the power loom (1743-1823)
Sorry, no etymologies found.