from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Cass, Lewis 1782-1866. American soldier, politician, and diplomat who held several governmental positions, including U.S. secretary of war (1831-1836) during the Black Hawk and Seminole wars.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A medieval diminutive of the female given name Cassandra.
- proper n. A matronymic surname.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname; also a diminutive of Cassius.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To render useless or void; to quash; to annul; to reject; to send away.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To quash; defeat; annul.
- To dismiss; cashier.
- n. A caddis-worm.
Sorry, no etymologies found.