from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Chechnya.
- n. A member of the predominant, traditionally Muslim ethnic group of Chechnya.
- n. The Caucasian language of the Chechens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Chechnya
- n. An ethnic group originating from Chechnya in the North Caucasus region.
- n. Someone belonging to this ethnic group.
- proper n. A North-Central Caucasian language spoken in Chechnya.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Chechnya
- adj. of or relating to Chechnya or its people or culture
- n. a northern Caucasian language spoken by the Chechen
Obsolete Russian, from Kabardian (Caucasian language of southwest Russia and Turkey) šešen.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)