American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A city of northern Mexico south of Ciudad Juárez. It is the rail and commercial center for the vast northern section of the country. Population: 749,000.
- n. A very small dog of a breed originating in Mexico, having pointed ears and a smooth coat.
- n. A desert state in northwestern Mexico.
- n. The capital city of the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
- n. alternative spelling of chihuahua. (the dog breed)
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. an old breed of tiny short-coated dogs with protruding eyes, originating in Mexico, believed to antedate Aztec civilization.
- n. a city in northern Mexico in the state of Chihuahua; commercial center of northern Mexico
- n. an old breed of tiny short-haired dog with protruding eyes from Mexico held to antedate Aztec civilization
- n. a state in northern Mexico; mostly high plateau
- The origin of the name is not known for sure, but it is old, predating the Spanish, and is thought to derive from the Nahuatl Xicuahua ("dry, sandy place"). (Wiktionary)
- After Chihuahua, a city and state of northern Mexico. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Miami chihuahua Conchita inherits millions IT IS anything but a dog's life for Conchita, a beloved Chihuahua whose eccentric owner bequeathed her a $US3 million ($3.43 million) trust fund - a move now being contested by the late heiress 'only son.”
“BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA, PG A luxury-loving little dog (voice of Drew Barrymore), lost in Mexico, must rely on a rough-and-ready Chihuahua (voice of George Lopez) to help her find her way home to Beverly Hills. (85 minutes)”
“These two routes can be combined into a natural circular route, especially for those arriving in Chihuahua from the north.”
“Everything in Chihuahua is extreme: the magnificent scenery, the soaring mountains, the sheer cliffs, the plunging canyons, the cascading waterfalls, and the forbidding deserts.”
“A child in Chihuahua is being prevented from attending school because his mother is HIV+.”
“Mata Ortiz in Chihuahua is famous for ceramics, based loosely on the pots dug out of archeological sites near Paquime.”
“The Copper Gorge in Chihuahua is a perfect example.”
“24, 1888 By decree, the city formerly known as Paso del Norte in Chihuahua is renamed Ciudad Juárez, in honor of Benito Juárez.”
“I found one in Chihuahua which is much closer to me since I live in Oklahoma.”
“Chihuahua is a land of magnificent scenery — mountains, canyons, deserts and fresh, clean, clear air.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Chihuahua’.
Looking for tweets for Chihuahua.