from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Coleman, Cy Originally Seymour Kauffman. 1929-2004. American composer and theatrical producer whose best known Broadway productions include Sweet Charity (1966) and The Will Rogers Follies (1991).
- Coleman, Ornette Born 1930. American jazz saxophonist and composer who established free jazz, an unrestrained improvisational style of jazz.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A patronymic surname derived from the given name Colman.
- proper n. An occupational surname for a coal man, who burnt coal.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surnames.
Sorry, no etymologies found.