from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member or advocate of the Commune of Paris of 1871.
- n. One who lives in a commune.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of the Paris Commune of 1871
- n. A supporter of their cause
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who advocates government by communes; a communalist; especially, a member or supporter of the Paris commune of 1871.
French, from commune, commune; see commune2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)