from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Cooper, Gary 1901-1961. American actor who gained fame for his portrayals of strong, quiet heroes. He won an Academy Award for Sergeant York (1941) and High Noon (1952).
- Cooper, James Fenimore 1789-1851. American novelist who is best remembered for his novels of frontier life, such as The Last of the Mohicans (1826).
- Cooper, Peter 1791-1883. American manufacturer, inventor, and philanthropist who built the first American locomotive and founded Cooper Union (1859) in New York City, which offered free courses in the arts and sciences.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A botanical plant name author abbreviation for botanist Daniel Cooper (~1817-1842).
- proper n. An English occupational surname derived from cooper.
- proper n. A male given name, transferred from the surname.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Kevin Cooper is a weekend warrior, a former road cycling racer who suffered an injury similar to Landis '.
Quite probably the best in his position in the world a title Cooper can't claim, he runs the team - Cooper just steps and provides extra penetration.
"I understand after the hijacking, anyone with the name Cooper in the Northwest was canvassed," Gutt said.
Brenda Cooper is a technology professional, a science fiction and fantasy writer, and a futurist.
But the association of the name "Cooper" with a weather system backfired when the cold snap turned deadly.
Several critics of the protesters, including Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews, and Anderson Cooper, used the sexual slang and at first relished using the term Cooper later apologized, calling the term "silly."
"Blood Bonds" by Brenda Cooper is about twin sisters Lissa and Aline.
Sharlto Copley does an ok job as the nutso Murdock, while Bradley Cooper is sufficient as Face — the straight man (for the most part) of the piece.
Writer and futurist Brenda Cooper is quite organized about her social networking.
I have CNN on in the background -- Anderson Cooper is doing a financial crisis episode (big surprise).
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.