from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Crawford, Joan Originally Lucille Le Sueur. 1908-1977. American actress noted for her portrayals of tough-minded, ambitious women in films such as The Women (1939) and Mildred Pierce (1945), for which she won an Academy Award.
- Crawford, Thomas 1814-1857. American sculptor and noted exponent of neoclassicism. His works include Armed Freedom atop the U.S. Capitol.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An English and Scottish habitational surname derived from several different placenames.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Crawford peach; a well-known freestone peach, with yellow flesh, first raised by Mr. William Crawford, of New Jersey.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States neoclassical sculptor (1814-1857)
- n. United States film actress (1908-1977)
Sorry, no etymologies found.