from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Crawford, Joan Originally Lucille Le Sueur. 1908-1977. American actress noted for her portrayals of tough-minded, ambitious women in films such as The Women (1939) and Mildred Pierce (1945), for which she won an Academy Award.
- Crawford, Thomas 1814-1857. American sculptor and noted exponent of neoclassicism. His works include Armed Freedom atop the U.S. Capitol.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An English and Scottish habitational surname derived from several different placenames.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Crawford peach; a well-known freestone peach, with yellow flesh, first raised by Mr. William Crawford, of New Jersey.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States neoclassical sculptor (1814-1857)
- n. United States film actress (1908-1977)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The most dangerous thing that could happen in Crawford is Da Prez “choking on a pretzel” in a drunken stupor again.
Folks, what's happening out in Crawford is revolutionary.
After a couple rough days, finally, someone in Crawford is treating Cindy Sheehan with decency: Antiwar protester Cindy Sheehan, whose son was killed in Iraq, is moving her camp closer to President George W. Bush's Texas ranch.
PRAGELATO (AP) Chandra Crawford is a genuine ham who's about to become a household name back home.
That should tell you that being on vacation in Crawford is NOT the same as being on the job in D.C. Bush knows that, why don’t you?
When he said he would be relaxing tomorrow at his ranch in Crawford, someone in the crowd yelled out, “You deserve it!”
And Move-On. org was even busing people to the President's ranch in Crawford, Texas to harrass him while he was vacationing.
He's more productive there than he is taking a month off at his ranch in Crawford, TX, like he keeps doing.
I don't recall any similar statements from Republicans and conservatives when Nero was fiddling on his ranch in Crawford, Texas as Rome crumbled around us.
McClung's mother, Gini Crawford, is acting as her campaign manager and the campaign has reimbursed her for modest campaign expenses.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.