from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Computer Science An operating system that resides on a disk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Disk Operating System
- Date(s) of service
- Date of separation
- Department of State
- Density of states
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In civil law: Property brought to a husband by his wife, upon marriage. See dotal *property.
- n. A common-law dower. See dower, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an operating system that is on a disk
- n. the federal department in the United States that sets and maintains foreign policies
d(isk) o(perating) s(ystem).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)