from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A community of central New Jersey northeast of New Brunswick. It is mainly residential. Population: 99,500.
- Edison, Thomas Alva 1847-1931. American inventor who patented more than a thousand inventions, among them the microphone (1877), the phonograph (1878), and an incandescent lamp (1879). In New York City he installed the world's first central electric power plant (1881-1882).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An English patronymic or metronymic surname derived from Adam and Edith.
- proper n. Thomas Edison, American inventor and businessman.
- n. an electric utility
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States inventor; inventions included the phonograph and incandescent electric light and the microphone and the Kinetoscope (1847-1931)
Sorry, no etymologies found.