American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- MountEtna An active volcano, 3,325.1 m (10,902 ft) high, of eastern Sicily. Its first known eruption occurred in 475 B.C.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A vessel used for heating water in the sick-room or at table, consisting of a cup or vase for the water, with a fixed saucer surrounding it in which alcohol is burned.
- n. Mount Etna, volcanic mountain in Italy
- n. mythology Greek goddess of the volcano
- n. A female given name anglicized from Irish Eithne.
- n. A town in Maine
- n. A river in Norway
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A kind of small, portable, cooking apparatus for which heat is furnished by a spirit lamp.
- n. an inactive volcano in Sicily; last erupted in 1961; the highest volcano in Europe (10,500 feet)
- n. a gas burner used in laboratories; has an air valve to regulate the mixture of gas and air
“Bob Brackett was happy to tell me about the church-inside-a-church, a second layer inside the original building, and the bell with its two ringers, cast originally for the Methodist Church that used to be in Etna but at the Community Church since its 1904 centennial.”
“My guess is they didn't live in Etna in 1880, probably Ithaca.”
“I'm wondering if anyone has any pictures of the Abner Morrill family that lived in Etna from 1904 to the last surviving member of that family ...”
“I'm wondering if anyone has any information, photos, etc about the two room school house that was in Etna in the 1960's.”
“I grew up in Etna, PA and was wondering if there was any way to find out the history of the house on Angle Way (Alley) that I grew up in.”
“I took this picture of Fall Creek from the bridge in Etna yesterday.”
“If you have any interest in Etna or Varna, it looks like Thursday night, 7: 30pm, the Dryden Town Hall (map) is the place to be.”
“I have a copy of a photo of his bakery and restaurant said to have been located in Etna or Sharpsville.”
“Ben: Considering the location of Cherry Street in Etna, perhaps Graham Avenue no longer exists, but was purchased by the railroad?”
“This morning's Ithaca Journal reports on the shooting of a reality TV pilot show in Etna, as "UltiMutt Makeover" combines home remodeling reality show with pet care.”
‘Etna’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Etna.