from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Farrell, Eileen 1920-2002. American soprano noted for her voice of exceptional power and clarity. She began her career in radio and first appeared in New York City at Carnegie Hall (1950).
- Farrell, James Thomas 1904-1979. American writer best known for his Studs Lonigan trilogy of novels (1932-1935), which concerns the hardships that faced Irish-American Catholics in the early 20th century.
- Farrell, Suzanne Born 1945. American ballerina noted for her performances with the New York City Ballet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States operatic soprano noted for the clarity and power of her voice (1920-2002)
- n. United States writer remembered for his novels (1904-1979)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Colin Farrell is both a fine actor and laugh-out-loud cute when he wants to be.
DO-GOODER: Colin Farrell is the patron said of homeless people and strippers.
Prejean's same-sex marriage comments, semi-nude photos and personal feud with state pageant officials contributed to a storm of controversy that brought unusual attention to the title Farrell now carries.
As Herr notes, the artist's own gaze is represented by several elements in Farrell's painting, such as Farrell's own face looking down on Miss O'Murphy from the upper right corner, and a frog (the French Boucher) ogling her from the lower right corner.
( "Had I started younger, I mighta been like a Shia LaBeouf or a Colin Farrell," he said.)
His role was shared by Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell to complete the film, and the device works beautifully given the imaginative nature of the story.
Maggie OFarrell is the author of three previous novels, including her acclaimed debut, After Youd Gone.
While everyone else who enters the mirror maintains their appearance, Tony physically transforms into a different body every time he enters (with Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell playing his different forms) but reverts to his original form when he exits.
– 8: 59 — Colin Farrell should always be introduced that way.
Ray Winstone, Colin Farrell, David Thewlis as well as Anna Friel feature in the story of the reclusive singer (Kiera Knightley) who ends up personification host to the not long ago expelled former convict.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.