American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Fo, Dario Born 1926. Italian playwright noted for his socially topical, satirical works, including Accidental Death of an Anarchist (1970) and Trumpets and Raspberries (1981). He won the Nobel Prize for literature in 1997.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete spelling of foe.
- n. Same as Foh.
- n. In Chinese decorative art, a dog-like animal represented in carvings, porcelains, etc., considered as the guardian of the Buddhist temples, and called by this name in Europe and America when occurring in Oriental art and decoration. Also called the Dog Fo and the Dog of Fo.
- n. An abbreviation of free on board, used in executing contracts of sale, and indicating that delivery on the vessel or other conveyance of a carrier is to be without expense to the buyer.
- n. An abbreviation of folio.
- An abbreviation of free on rail: compare F. O. B.
- n. An abbreviation of free on truck.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The Chinese name of Buddha.
- n. an officer holding the rank of major or lieutenant colonel or colonel
“The Adios Mo-Fo is among the most popular drinks sold at Howl at the Moon, at Universal CityWalk in Los Angeles.”
“In addition to playwright, Dario Fo is also director, stage and costume designer, and on occasion he even composes the music for his plays.”
“Fo is invited by the Berliner Ensemble to stage a production in Bertolt Brecht's old theatre in the spring of 1991.”
“During a guest performance in Sassari, Fo is arrested for having blocked access to the theatre for policemen seeking to stop the performance.”
“Fo is captured by this effervescent movement and proves to be an insatiable theatregoer - even though he usually can't afford to buy a seat and has to stand through the performances.”
“Together with Franca Rame, Dario Fo is invited to write, direct and present "Canzonissima", a highly popular TV show built around the national lottery, with a different host each year.”
“Another major achievement in Fo's large production is "Accidental Death of an Anarchist".”
“Fo is the first Italian director to stage a production at the Comédie”
“Dario Fo is on stage with the satirical performance "Cocoricò", with Giustino”
“Fo is invited to participate with a new production at Seville's 1992 World Exhibition on the occasion of the fifth anniversary of the discovery of”
‘Fo’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Fo.