from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element gallium.
- abbr. Bible Galatians
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for gallium.
- n. Symbol for gigannum, a unit of time equal to 109 years.
- n. Symbol for gigayears ago, a unit of time equal to 109 years in the past
- proper n. A Niger-Congo language spoken in Ghana and Togo.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An earlier form of go.
- n. See gau.
- n. A dialectal preterit of go. See gie.
- n. In chem., the symbol for gallium.
- n. An abbreviation of Georgia, one of the United States.
- An abbreviation of Grand Army of the Republic. See republic.
- An abbreviation of Gaelic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state in southeastern United States; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
- n. the first known nerve agent, synthesized by German chemists in 1936; a highly toxic combustible liquid that is soluble in organic solvents and is used as a nerve gas in chemical warfare
- n. a rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element; brittle at low temperatures but liquid above room temperature; occurs in trace amounts in bauxite and zinc ores
Sorry, no etymologies found.