from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Galba, Servius Sulpicius 3 B.C.-A.D. 69. Emperor of Rome (68-69) who was assassinated after naming an unpopular successor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In zoology:
- n. A genus made to include such species of Limnæa as L. palustris.
- n. A genus of arachnidans.
- n. A supposed genus of worms.
- n. A genus of sternoxine beetles, of the family Eucnemidæ, having a few species, all of the Malay archipelago.
- n. [lowercase] The wood of Calophyllum calaba, a large tree of Trinidad. It is strong and durable, and one of the best woods of the region.
Sorry, no etymologies found.