from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Gardner, Erle Stanley 1889-1970. American lawyer and detective novelist known for creating the character of Perry Mason, a clever attorney.
- Gardner, Isabella Stewart 1840-1924. American collector and patron of the arts. She built a villa and gallery in Boston to house her exceptional collection of art objects and opened it to the public in 1903.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname. Alternative spelling of Gardener.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States collector and patron of art who built a museum in Boston to house her collection and opened it to the public in 1903 (1840-1924)
- n. writer of detective novels featuring Perry Mason (1889-1970)
Sorry, no etymologies found.