from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Garrick, David 1717-1779. British actor and theater manager who was considered the foremost Shakespearean player of his time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An English habitational surname from Garwick in Lincolnshire.
- proper n. An English patronymic surname from the Germanic ger + ric - spear power.
- proper n. A male given name, transferred from the surnames.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English actor and theater manager who was the foremost Shakespearean actor of his day (1717-1779)
Sorry, no etymologies found.