from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Goddard, Robert Hutchings 1882-1945. American physicist who developed and launched the first successful liquid-fueled rocket (1926) and invented numerous rocketry devices.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name.
- proper n. A patronymic surname.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tankard; a drinking-bowl: same as goddet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States physicist who developed the first successful liquid-fueled rocket (1882-1945)
Name of a 10th - 11th century German saint, from Old High German got ("God") + harti,herti ("hard, strong"). Brought to England by Normans. (Wiktionary)