from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Graf, Stephanie Maria Known as "Steffi.” Born 1969. German tennis player who in 1988 won the Grand Slam (Wimbledon, French, U.S., and Australian titles) and an Olympic gold medal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A German title of nobility, equivalent to earl in English, or count in French. See earl.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A German title of dignity equivalent to count: the title corresponding to English earl, French comte, etc.
- A simplified spelling of graff.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. German tennis player who won seven women's singles titles at Wimbledon (born in 1969)
Sorry, no etymologies found.