from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Gutenberg, Johann or Johannes 1400?-1468? German printer who is traditionally considered the inventor of movable type. His Mazarin Bible (c. 1455) is believed to be the first book printed with such type.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Johannes Gutenberg, a German printer who independently invented movable type (though it had previously been invented in East Asia centuries earlier).
- proper n. Project Gutenberg.
- proper n. A lunar crater.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. German printer who was the first in Europe to print using movable type and the first to use a press (1400-1468)
Sorry, no etymologies found.