from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Haley, Alex 1921-1992. American writer best known for Roots (1976), a fictionalized chronicle tracing his family history back to its African origins.
- Haley, William John Clifton, Jr. Known as "Bill.” 1925-1981. American singer who with his band, the Comets, recorded "Rock Around the Clock” (1954) and other influential early rock 'n' roll songs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname, a common spelling variant of Hayley.
- proper n. A female given name, popular in the U.S. in the 1990s and the 2000s.
- proper n. Any of several places in the U.S. and Canada named after persons with the surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States rock singer who was one of the first to popularize rock'n'roll music (1925-1981)
- n. United States writer and Afro-American who wrote a fictionalized account of tracing his family roots back to Africa (1921-1992)
Sorry, no etymologies found.