from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Harper, Stephen Joseph Born 1959. Canadian politician who has served as the prime minister of Canada since 2006.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An occupational surname for a player of the harp.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A player on the harp; a minstrel.
- n. A brass coin bearing the emblem of a harp, -- formerly current in Ireland.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who plays on the harp.
- n. One of various Irish coins (for example, the ‘shilling’ and the ‘groat’) current in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries: popularly so called from the harp which formed their reverse type. Also harp.
- n. The harp-seal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who plays the harp
Sorry, no etymologies found.