from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Native Hawaiian.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the Hawaiian Islands, the state of Hawaii, or Hawaii Island.
- n. The Polynesian language of Hawaii.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Descended from the peoples inhabiting the Hawaiian islands prior to European contact.
- adj. Of or having to do with the Hawaiian race, culture, or language.
- adj. Of or having to do with the culture of the US state of Hawaii.
- adj. Of or having to do with a resident of the US state of Hawaii.
- n. A descendant of the peoples inhabiting the Hawaiian Islands prior to European contact.
- n. A resident of the US state of Hawaii.
- n. A pizza topped with ham and pineapple.
- proper n. The Hawaiian language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to Hawaii or the Sandwich Islands, or to the people of Hawaii.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the island or kingdom of Hawaii or the Sandwich Islands, a group of islands in the North Pacific about 2,100 miles west-southwest of San Francisco.
- n. A native or citizen of Hawaii.
- n. The language of Hawaii.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Oceanic languages spoken on Hawaii
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the state or island of Hawaii or to the people or culture or language
- n. a native or resident of Hawaii
Hawaii + -an (Wiktionary)