American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Hitler, Adolf Known as "Der Führer.” 1889-1945. Austrian-born founder of the German Nazi Party and chancellor of the Third Reich (1933-1945). His fascist philosophy, embodied in Mein Kampf (1925-1927), attracted widespread support, and after 1934 he ruled as an absolute dictator. Hitler's pursuit of aggressive nationalist policies resulted in the invasion of Poland (1939) and the subsequent outbreak of World War II. His regime was infamous for the extermination of millions of people, especially European Jews. He committed suicide when the collapse of the Third Reich was imminent (1945).
- n. A surname of Austrian origin.
- n. Adolf Hitler, dictator of Germany between 1933 and 1945.
- n. derogatory An unnecessarily dictatorial person; a little Hitler.
- n. German Nazi dictator during World War II (1889-1945)
- The surname Hitler is a variation of Hiedler, a surname applied to those who resided near a Hiedl ("subterranean river"). Earlier theories derived the surname from Hüttler (also spelled Huettler), either meaning ("one who lives in a hut"), from Hütte ("hut"), or from hüten ("guard, look after"), as well as theories which related the surname to Slavic names like Hidlar, are now considered less likely. (Wiktionary)
“The Canadian Islamic Congress and Ms. Valiante apologize without reservation and retract remarks in the column that suggest that Dr. Daniel Pipes is a follower of HItler or that he uses the tactics of Hitler or that he wants to ethnically cleanse America of its Muslim presence.”
“Israel - www. youtube.com I PAID HITLER - Fritz Thyssen - Farrar & Rinehart It has often been rumored that Hitler is partly Jewish.”
“The family was openly supporting hitler in the 1930s … Hitler had a portrait of Henry Ford in his office.”
“in his persona to the world hitler pays many parts. ther is the expressionless hitler, like a dummy standing with an upraised hand in the front of a motorcar… there is the embarrassed Hitler, ill at east even subservient, in the presence of a stranger, an aristocrat, a great general, or a king as on his visit to italy”
“********** what i mean is * it is retarded to compare what Obama (the neocons new agent in Dem Party) wants to do* to what hitler did with the hitler youth / etc …., you see Hitler was German”
“(Sesame Street's Bert and Ernie) HITLER CATS (cats that look like Hitler)”
“Released to coincide with the cinema bow of Brian Singer’s VALKYRIE, writer/Director Jan-Pierre Isbouts’ OPERATION VALKYRIE: THE STAUFFENBERG PLOT TO KILL HITLER arrives on DVD- no doubt seeking to bask in the reflected glory of Tom Cruise and Co. The documentary is a composite of re-enactments, computer animation, personal footage, current interviews and archive footage to tell the story of the infamous conspiracy to kill Hitler.”
“I don’t think it makes people in the West very upset to know that Germans’ free speech is curtailed because they can’t salute hitler in public and it doesn’t upset me to know that Lithuanians have decided that they no longer want to mess around with Stalin or Hitler.”
“How all that ended in Hitler is one of the questions of historiography.”
“And, you know, whatever happened to the analogy of like oil and water, you know, in terms of comparing things that are - you know, to pick the name Hitler is so reprehensible and just so awful, that it seems to me this goes well beyond free speech to responsibility and how a network wants to represent itself on one of its marquis events, Monday Night Football.”
‘Hitler’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Hitler.