from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Hoffmann, Roald Born 1937. Polish-born American chemist. He shared a 1981 Nobel Prize for applying quantum-mechanics theories to the analysis of chemical reactions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Austrian architect known for his use of rectilinear units (1870-1956)
- n. German writer of fantastic tales (1776-1822)
- n. German chemist (1818-1892)
- n. United States chemist (born in Poland) who used quantum mechanics to understand chemical reactions (born in 1937)
Sorry, no etymologies found.