from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Somebody from Holland.
- n. A very hard, semi-glazed, green or dark brown brick, which will not absorb water.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. A native or one of the people of Holland; a Dutchman.
- proper n. A very hard, semi-glazed, green or dark brown brick, which will not absorb water; -- called also, Dutch clinker.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A native of Holland or of the Netherlands.
- n. In paper manufacturing, a beating-engine or beater; a Holland beater. See beating-engine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Holland
Probably Holland + -er; compare the German Holländer. (Wiktionary)