from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of Homer, his works, or the legends and age of which he wrote.
- adj. Heroic in proportion, degree, or character; epic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resembling or relating to the epic poetry of Homer.
- adj. Epic, heroic, fit to be immortalized in poetry by Homer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Homer, the most famous of Greek poets; resembling the poetry of Homer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Homer, the great epic poet of ancient Greece, or to the poetry that bears his name, and specifically to the Iliad and the Odyssey; resembling Homer's verse, or having some characteristic of his works.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or characteristic of Homer or his age or the works attributed to him
From Latin homēricus, from Ancient Greek Ὁμηρικός (homerikos), from Ὅμηρος (Homēros, "Homer"). (Wiktionary)