from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Hope, Bob Originally Leslie Towne Hope. 1903-2003. British-born American entertainer. He costarred with Bing Crosby in the popular "Road” films, beginning with the Road to Singapore (1940). Since 1940 he has traveled extensively to entertain U.S. troops overseas.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A female given name from the virtue, like Faith and Charity first used by Puritans.
- proper n. An English and Scottish topographic surname for someone who lived in a hop, a small enclosed valley.
- proper n. A town in Arkansas
- proper n. A town in British Columbia
Sorry, no etymologies found.